All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems of GLORY RIVER, Huddle's sisteenth book, pit precise observation, extravagant language and humor against despair in an attempt to find a way to live in a century when the values of the past are dissolving and those of the future are frightening. The collection presents a sequence of exceptional tales about an imaginary hamlet in the mountains of Virginia where residents are rough, crude, and full of fight, but eager to tell their stories, to explain how / in that place they had become the people / they were. A second series of poems explore modern life, examining subjects as diverse as memory, family, art, politics, and pain.
- Author BiographyDavid Huddle is the author of fifteen books of poetry, fiction, and essays, including The Story of a Million Years, La Tour Dreams of the Wolf Girl, Summer Lake: New and Selected Poems, and Grayscale. He teaches at the University of Vermont, the Bread Loaf School of English, and the Rainier Writing Workshop.
- Author(s)David Huddle
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleSouthern Messenger Poets
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.