All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionGlow discharge optical emission spectroscopy (GDOES) is an essential technique for the direct analysis of bulk solids, for elemental surface analysis and for the depth profiling of thin films and industrial coatings. The technique has shown rapid growth in numbers of instruments, in breadth of applications, in improved quantification in recent years and is w a recognised technique within the ISO, with two international standards. Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectroscopy: A Practical Guide takes the reader on a journey through instrument operation, sample preparation, analysis, and reporting results. It follows two sets of samples through the whole process of analysis, brass samples for bulk analysis, and zinc-coated steel for depth profiling. Procedures are consistent with recent ISO standards and each step is loaded with hands-on tips and theoretical insight. The book also includes unique data tables on spectral interferences, molecular bands, self-absorption and relative sputtering rates. This book is designed for those using or managing GDOES instruments and for students interested in learning the technique from a hands-on perspective. It is also an invaluable aid to those considering the purchase of a GDOES instrument, or those using GDOES results, to understand in detail how the technique works and what is involved in maintaining the instrument and achieving high quality results.
- Author BiographyProfessor of Analytical Chemistry. He was a pioneer in introducing Atomic Spectrometry methods in Spain. He is a world-reputed Atomic Spectroscopist who introduces/develops many novel, state-of-the-art atomic techniques. He is a member of the editorial board of ABC and also of the editorial board of the RSC for a series of monographs on Atomic Spectrometry (leaded by Prof. Neil Burnett). He currently develops and tests cutting-edge instruments, even for some commercial firms. He published many papers and books. In 2007 he won the Robert Kellner award (The Robert Keller Lecture will be given at the Euroanalysis 2007).
- Author(s)Richard Payling,Thomas Nelis
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- Series TitleRSC Analytical Spectroscopy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byNeil W. Barnett
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.