All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionIn Glutamate and Addiction, world-rewned scientific experts critically review all of the evidence for the role of glutamatergic systems in opiate, stimulant, and alcohol addiction. Using a variety of pharmacological, biochemical, genetic, and brain imaging techniques, these investigators show precisely how glutamate affects such addictions and how modifying certain elements of the glutamatergic system appear to alleviate particular components of addiction. Their survey takes in both clinical approaches using medications that influence glutamate and cutting-edge preclinical approaches that manipulate specific subtypes of glutamate receptors or specific substrates of the glutamate cascade to determine their roles in various addictive states.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleContemporary Clinical Neuroscience
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight876 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBarbara H. Herman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.