All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionSince he enrolled as a San Diego State freshman in the fall of 1946, Tom Ables has been a dedicated fan of Aztec football. In late August he was a battleship sailor aboard the USS Alabama. In September he was the sports editor of the school newspaper. Before his freshman year ended he was the school's first sports publicity director. Sixty-seven years later, Tom still follows Aztec football as passionately as he did as a college freshman. Through the 2012 season, Tom has seen 731 of the 733 Aztec football games played since 1946. He's seen all the great ones: Marshall Faulk, Dennis Shaw, Haven Moses and countless other great Aztecs. And, of course, one of the most brilliant football minds of all time, coach Don Coryell. Join Tom on his journey through the great games, players, coaches and seasons; Aztec record-holders and hall-of-famers; and games played in world famous stadiums, and some truly bizarre fields.
- Author BiographyTom Ables has been involved in marketing and publicity since his freshman year at San Diego State in 1946. Tom was the Aztecs' first Sports Publicity Director and is still a devoted follower of Aztec sports to this day. Tom lives in San Diego with Nancy, his wife of 65 years. Tom still runs Venture, his public relations/marketing agency. He's looking forward to Coach Rocky Long's 2013 Aztec team. Tom is also the author of The Story of Buck Knives ... a family business.
- Author(s)Tom Ables
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Photographer(s)Ernie Anderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.