All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssuming prior kwledge, this entry level guide aims to inspire vices of all ages to give sailing a try. Conveying the fun, accessibility and exhilaration of sailing, it covers everything the beginner needs to learn about, whether they are young, middle aged or taking up sailing as a family. Topics include: - How to get started - Where (and how) to find a club - Choosing the right type of boat - The differences between cruising and racing a dinghy - Learning to sail - Trolleying, trailing, launching and recovery - Getting the most out of time on the water Colour photographs illustrate each section, showing vices exactly what to do and inspiring newcomers to get out on the water and give sailing a try.
- Author BiographyBarry Pickthall is an award winning yachting journalist, photographer and author. A former boatbuilder and naval architect, he was yachting correspondent for The Times for 20 years, and he has written 18 books about sailing, including Blue Water Sailing and Going Foreign, both published by Adlard Coles Nautical.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour photos throughout
- Weight339 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statementContains DVD video and Paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.