All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionLimericks are those rhymes that go 'There was a young man from de-dum, Who dum-ditty-dum-ditty-dum'. A form of poetry more commonly used to describe old men with owls nesting in their beards, or perhaps ladies from Ealing who can do remarkable things on the ceiling, than the everyday lives of Pattaya bar girls. Maybe it was a combination just waiting to happen. Wait longer. Go-Go Girls is a charming collection of Limericks devoted to the unsung heroines of Pattaya night-life, the young women who gyrate around the chrome poles and entertain customers at their little tables and, possibly, later in their hotel rooms. Go-go girls are the consummate night-time professionals; their skills are to tempt you into buying them a drink, cause you to fall ever-so-slightly in love with them and then lighten your wallet as painlessly as possible. Often the relationship between a go-go girl and her customer will last for years. Long after the smitten dope has returned to his own country he may find himself topping up her bank account, on the promise that she has left her job in the bar and is chastely awaiting his return. It could even be true. Amazingly, some of these clever little verses get close to providing the answer.
- Author BiographyWilliam Peskett has been a biology schoolteacher and a journalist, he has worked in marketing, design management and corporate relations. Through it all, he has maintained a love of writing. It began with poetry and Peskett published two volumes of poems, The Nightowl's Dissection and Survivors - the first of which won an Eric Gregory Award. Brought up in Belfast, Peskett was educated there and at Cambridge University, where he read natural sciences. His professional life was spent in Suffolk and in London. Now retired, Peskett now lives in Pattaya, Thailand where he spends his time tending his jungle garden and, naturally, writing. Peskett's adopted country of residence continues to provide ample material for his observation: recent novels and collections of essays and short stories deal with issues in a distinctly Thai setting.
- Author(s)William Peskett
- Date of Publication17/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.