All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe mental side of sports is often overlooked. Goals are powerful motivating tools, providing athletes and teams with direction, focus, a reason to commit and a means to evaluate their performance. Goals allow athletes and teams to deal with adversity, adapt and persevere, to continue to be motivated even when events do t turn out as planned. Goal setting, when done properly helps athletes and teams tap their potential to its fullest. Properly established and utilized goals t only motivate, but provide athletes and teams with a constant source of direction and feedback, allowing for constant, steady improvement and the best opportunity for achieving at a high level. Goal Setting for Sport: A Concise Guide for Coaches and Athletes provides the essential basics of developing a plan of well defined goals, enabling an athlete or team to achieve at the highest possible level. Coach Kevin Sivils shares his years of experience with the goal setting process. In this book he shares with athletes and coaches what goals really are, common mistakes to avoid, ten steps to creating a sound plan of goals and the role of both athletes and coaches in the goal setting process.
- Author BiographyA 25 year veteran of the coaching profession, with twenty-two of those years spent as a varsity head coach, Coach Kevin Sivils amassed 464 wins and his teams earned berths in the state play-offs 19 out of 22 seasons with his teams advancing to the state semi-finals three times. An eight time Coach of the Year Award winner, Coach Sivils has traveled as far as the Central African Republic to conduct coaching clinics. Coach Sivils first coaching stint was as an assistant coach for his college alma mater, Greenville College, located in Greenville, Illinois. Coach Sivils holds a BA with a major in physical education and a minor in social studies from Greenville College and a MS in Kinesiology with a specialization in Sport Psychology from Louisiana State University. He also holds a Sport Management certification from the United States Sports Academy. In addition to being a basketball coach, Coach Sivils is a classroom instructor and has taught U.S. Government, U.S. History, the History of WW II, and Physical Education. He has served as an Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director and has also been involved in numerous professional athletic organizations. Sivils is married to the former Lisa Green of Jackson, Michigan, and the happy couple are the proud parents of three children, Danny, Katie, and Emily. Rounding out the Sivils family are three dogs, Angel, Berkeley, and Al. A native of Louisiana, Coach Sivils currently resides in the Great State of Texas.
- Author(s)Kevin Sivils,Patricia Jonesi
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.