Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.67+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.61
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.47
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $20.28Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $45.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn God, Guns, Grits and Gravy, Mike Huckabee asks, Have I been taken to a different planet than the one on which I grew up? The New York Times bestselling author explores today's fractious American culture, where divisions of class, race, politics, religion, gender, age, and other fault lines make polite conversation dicey, if t downright dangerous. As Huckabee tes, the differences of opinion between the Bubble-villes of the big power centers and the Bubba-villes where most people live are profound, provocative, and sometimes pretty funny. Where else but in Washington, D.C. could two presidential golf outings cost the American taxpayers $2.9 million in travel expenses? Government bailouts, politician pig-outs, and popular culture provocations from Jay-Z and Beyonce to Honey Boo-Boo to the Duck Dynasty's Robertson family. Gun rights, gay marriage, the decline of patriotism, and the mainstream media's contempt for those who cherish a faith-based life. The trouble with Democrats, the even bigger trouble with Republicans, our national security complex, and how our Constitution is eroding under our ses. Stories of everyday Americans surviving tough times, reflections on our way of life as it once was, as it is, and as it might become these subjects and many more are covered with Mike Huckabee's signature wit, insight, and honesty.At times lighthearted, at others bracingly realistic, Huckabee's brand of optimistic patriotism highlights American ideals, offering a bright outlook for future generations. With a wry eye for the ridiculous and a clear-eyed look at the most controversial issues of our time, God, Guns, Grits and Gravy is Mike Huckabee at his very best.
- Author BiographyMike Huckabee is the former governor of Arkansas, the current host of the #1 rated weekend show Huckabee on the Fox News Channel, and the voice of the Huckabee Report, heard on nearly 600 radio stations each day. He finished second to John McCain in his campaign for the Republican nomination for President in 2008. He is the New York Times bestselling author of nine books. After an early career in broadcasting and advertising, he spent twelve years as a pastor and denominational leader, experiences that gave him a deep sense of the problems faced by individuals and families. The former governor and his wife, Janet, live in Florida and still spend part of their time in Arkansas. They have three grown children and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)Mike Huckabee
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication20/01/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Read byMike Huckabee
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time480
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.