All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionA book of American poetry, from a fresh and unique African American perspective. A modern, politically charged, somewhat LA centric view: of the world today as we think we kw it. Extra detail is especially given, to the love and pain from present, as well as historic, ecomic factors and circumstances. At times it becomes a haunting cry out into the night for some sort of satisfaction, reparation or anesthesia. Of course, as for most of us, be we black, white, brown or yellow; ne will be coming. So it basically amounts to little more than catharsis for Baby Boomer angst...And some of it rhymes! Though this book covers diverse topics, ranging from love to sports to politics to prayer, God Is Hipper Than Hell succeeds to prove one thing however, that (thank you Jesus), we are all more alike, than we believe, or would ever even like to think!
- Author BiographyThe self-proclaimed My favorite poet-musician... this side of the Pecos! Peter Guy resides in Los Angeles and had been writing poetry for a number years, as well as what he terms poetry concerts. He is a graduate of UCLA in Political Science, and of Loyola law School, Los Angeles. He has been a record and concert promoter, a publicity photographer in the record business and was in Working Press of the Nation at 15 years of age, as a stringer photojournalist with Flare News International. He has been associated with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s: Southern Christian Leadership Conference since the early 1980's and with the Congress of Racial Equality in the '70's. He is a guitarist, poet, writer and activist. He will soon launch the 24 hour internet radio station: Boomer University Street Network. B.U.S.'N. it with imagination! For Boomers, babies, grand-babies and anybody else who knows, how to love!
- Author(s)MR Peter Steele Guy Jd
- Date of Publication31/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.