All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEknath Easwaran taught spiritual living for nearly 40 years and drew deep, ongoing inspiration from the sacred literature of all traditions -- the great river of wisdom that is always flowing throughout the world. The 149 short extracts in this anthology come from the much-loved saints, sages, and scriptures of the Christian, Hindu, Sufi, Jewish, Native American, Buddhist, and Taoist traditions. These passages can be read for daily inspiration, for their insights into other spiritual traditions, for the light they throw on how to live, for the sustenance they offer when we feel sad or tired, and for the deep transformation they can bring in Easwaran's method of passage meditation. Rich supporting material includes stories from India, detailed background tes, suggestions for memorization and for studying the texts in practices such as lectio divina from the Christian tradition, and instruction in using these texts in passage meditation.
- Author BiographyFounder of the Blue Mountain Center of Meditation in California, Eknath Easwaran (1910-1999) is widely respected as an authentic guide to universal wisdom. There are over 1.5 million of his books in print, including The Bhagavad Gita and The Upanishads.
- Author(s)Eknath Easwaran
- PublisherNilgiri Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- Place of PublicationTomales
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNilgiri Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width146 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.