All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a loved one dies, somebody inevitably says the death was God's will. The same claim is made when a person is cured of cancer. In a war, both sides often argue that they are carrying out God's will. Faithful people search for God's will for their lives, especially when they are faced with a decision, such as which job to take or whether to have ather child. What is meant by God's will? How does God act? What is the character of the God whose will is expressed in and through our lives? This book answers these questions in relation to a broadly Christian perspective.Based on the traditional premise that everything we assert about God is metaphorical, this wonderfully written book presents a range of ways to imagine the nature of God and of God's power and will: from a personal but distant God who is fully in charge and in control, through more gentle and engaged images of God, and ultimately to a n-personal view of God as the energy for life in the universe. Each perspective offers distinct images for God and for the way in which God's will operates; each is assessed for its strengths and weaknesses. With deep insight and clear, inspiring writing, Keshgegian ultimately offers a way to imagine God and power that redefines the whole idea of God's will.
- Author(s)Flora A. Keshgegian
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/02/2008
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.