All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionThe book begins before World War II and ends after, however the majority of the story takes place during the war period. Drafted into Hitler's Escort Battalion as a medic, Walter sets off on a most arduous adventure that takes him from his hometown of Berlin to Leningrad, Stalingrad, Paris, Vienna and other European hot spots. Brutal reality on the battlefield and Russia's dehumanizing winters serve stark contrast to friendships between enemies and passionate encounters. Internal conflict between religious beliefs and sheer survival as well as a never-ending quest for reunification with his brother in America are forces that shape his young life. The book is autobiographical, but written in the form of a vel.
- Author BiographyPeter Kreutzfeldt was born in Lodz, Poland on January 3, 1950. He moved to Germany with his mother in 1957 and then to the USA in 1958. His mother married Walter Rickhoff in August 1958. Peter attended High School as well as College in Houston, Texas. He traveled many times to Germany and Poland thereby gaining valuable knowledge from talking to people as to what really went on during the war. He transcribed into book form the volumes of notes that Walter diligently wrote out.
- Author(s)Peter Kreutzfeldt
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication05/10/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.