All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionGary Gray marries his first girlfriend, a fellow student from Central Florida Christian College who loves Disney World as much as he does. They are nineteen, God-fearing, and eager to start a family, but a week before their wedding Gary goes into a rest-stop bathroom and lets something happen. God Says No is his testimony - the story of a young black Christian struggling with desire and belief, with his love for his wife and his appetite for other men, told in a singular, emotional voice. Driven by desperation and religious visions, the path that Gary Gray takes - from revival meetings to out life in Atlanta to a pray-away-the-gay ministry in Memphis, Tennessee - gives a riveting picture of how a life like his can be lived, and how it can't.
- Author BiographyJames Hannaham was born in the Bronx and grew up in Yonkers, New York. His fiction has appeared in the Literary Review and several anthologies. He teaches creative writing at the Pratt Institute and is a staff writer in the culture department at Salon.
- Author(s)James Hannaham
- PublisherMcSweeney's Publishing
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcSweeney's Publishing
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.