All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.78
About this product
- DescriptionIn many parts of today's global ecomy, the moral foundations of society are being tested by a business culture that is given to the good of business owners, rather than the good of the human person and society. The widening gulf between business ecomics and ethics begs for a vigorous response informed by what is best in the human spirit. This places a responsibility upon business people that calls to faith for perspective. God and Mammon discusses the ages-old, but ever-new conflict between God and Mammon in business. These seven chapters speak of the need for God in business today. Together, the chapters of this book build toward a comprehensive ethic of business administration. God and Mammon finds that business today needs to serve the human person, who is a creative being in the image of God.
- Author BiographyLloyd E. Sandelands teaches business administration and psychology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. His research focuses on the social and spiritual life of business. He is the author of Feeling and Form in Social Life (1998, Rowman & Littlefield), Male and Female in Social Life(2001, Transaction), Thinking about Social Life (2003, University Press of America), Man and Nature in God (2005, Transaction), and An Anthropological Defense of God (2007, Transaction).
- Author(s)Lloyd E. Sandelands
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication09/11/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.