All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn original work which rethinks the question of God in a constructive spirit, drawing its conclusions by considering ideas received from both philosophy and religion. * Makes an important new contribution to the ongoing scholarly debates surrounding the intersection of philosophy and religion * Suggests that this junction is t just dictated by religion having to prove its credentials to rational philosophy, but that it is also a matter of philosophy wondering if religion is the ultimate partner in dialogue * Includes discussion of a wide range of significant thinkers, both traditional and contemporary, such as Plotinus, Spiza, Kant, Hegel, and Nietzsche and his successors * Completes a trilogy of works by William Desmond, complementing its companion volumes, Being and the Between and Ethics and the Between.
- Author BiographyWilliam Desmond is Professor of Philosophy at the Higher Institute of Philosophy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium.
- Author(s)William Desmond
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleIlluminations: Theory & Religion
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.