All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCosmologists have reasons to believe that the vast universe in which we live is just one of an endless number of other universes within a multiverse a mind-boggling array that may extend indefinitely in space and endlessly in both the past and the future. Victor Stenger reviews the key developments in the history of science that led to the current consensus view of astrophysicists, taking pains to explain essential concepts and discoveries in accessible termilogy. The author shows that science s emerging understanding of the multiverse consisting of trillions upon trillions of galaxies is fully explicable in naturalistic terms with need for supernatural forces to explain its origin or ongoing existence. How can conceptions of God, traditional or otherwise, be squared with this new worldview? The author shows how long-held beliefs will need to undergo major revision or otherwise face eventual extinction.
- Author BiographyVictor J. Stenger(1935 - 2014) was an adjunct professor of philosophy at the University of Colorado and emeritus professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Hawaii. He was the author of the New York Times bestseller God: The Failed Hypothesis, God and the Atom, God and the Folly of Faith, The Comprehensible Cosmos, and many other books.
- Author(s)Victor J. Stenger
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.