All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionGod as Author takes a thoughtful literary approach to understanding the Gospel. Gene Fant writes in the preface: Most of us have heard that Christ is 'the Author and Finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12:2), so it makes sense that the Gospel would be God's story. As many a church message board has ted so succinctly, 'History is His Story.' In our easy discussions of special revelation, I cant help but wonder if wehave missed something awe-inspiring that may be revealed by a reversal of the lens that we turn toward narrative. Perhaps the Gospel is t just like a story; perhaps story, narrative in general, is like the Gospel. My clear conviction is that something stands behind the power of narrative. In fact, I believe that Someone stands behind it. There is an Author whose skill and grace imbues the broad range of the stories that we tell. There is a Father who gave us a story to help us understand our place in this world, a story that points back to Him. His story is, in many ways, the only story that we kw. When we use that realization as a foundation for interpreting and generating narrative, it changes everything, including ourselves.
- Author BiographyGene C. Fant, Jr. is professor of English at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. He holds degrees from James Madison University (B.S. in anthropology), Old Dominion University (M.A. in English), the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (M.Div. in Biblical Languages), and the University of Southern Mississippi (Ph.D. in Renaissance English literature and a post-doctoral M.Ed. in Educational Leadership).
- Author(s)Gene C Fant
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Content Notefigures
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.