All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.44Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionWhen an anaesthetist started praying with his patients in the Intensive Care Unit, suddenly his practice was transformed. As he relates his story in the context, first of a South Africa transitioning to democracy and then in the Middle East you will hear stories of a God who responds to prayer in ways that are uniquely His. This has the drama of hi-tech medicine, the poignancy of lives that are hanging in the balance, the human touch of a doctor who is trying to understand a God who does t always respond as he would like Him to and above all the inspiration and encouragement of a God who loves us eugh to hear us when we pray and to be with us in our moments of deepest need.
- Author BiographyDr Dave Walker trained at the University of Cape Town Medical School and specialised in anaesthesia at Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town. As a young registrar in training he was on duty during the world's first heart transplant operation on Louis Washkansky, which he describes in his book. He practiced anaesthesia in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, for 22 years before moving to the Middle East for six years. While in practice in Pietermaritzburg he developed a special interest in intensive care and was Administrative Head of Grey's Hospital ICU for a number of years. In the Middle East he was Head of the Anaesthetic Department at Tawam Hospital, United Arab Emirates. He currently lives in Cape Town. He is married to Margie and has three daughters and seven grandchildren.
- Author(s)Dr Dave a Walker
- Date of Publication10/11/2012
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.