All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Billy Graham and Ronald Regan to Newt Gingrich and William Bennett, God is a Conservative provides an important look at the role of religion in conservative politics in modern America. Kenneth J. Heineman reveals the profoundly religious nature of contemporary conservatism, offering an intriguing look at the social history of moral politics over the last three decades, and the still tremulous aftershocks of the New Deal. With a new Preface that examines the Bush presidency, including a provocative analysis of his re-election, and the rising influence of the Conservative Right, God is a Conservative is essential reading for understanding today's American political landscape.
- Author BiographyKenneth J. Heineman is Professor of History and Department Chair at Angelo State University. He is the author of Campus Wars: The Peace Movement At American State Universities in the Vietnam Era (NYU Press, 1992), God Is a Conservative: Religion, Politics, and Morality in Contemporary America (NYU Press, 1998), A Catholic New Deal: Religion and Reform in Depression Pittsburgh, and Put Your Bodies Upon The Wheels: Student Revolt in the 1960s.
- Author(s)Kenneth J. Heineman
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.