Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionMythology meets magical realism in these fresh stories of goddesses discovering their sacred callings. Persephone dons a black leather jacket over her flowery dress and sets out to find what is real. Inuit Sedna's fingers turn into fishes and seals when her father chops at her knuckles in fear. Glispa leaves her Navaho grandmothers in order to take a shamanic journey. Aztec Xochiquetzal, queen of the flowers, reappears as our Lady of Guadalupe. The Egyptian goddess Nut who holds up the sky is befriended by scarabs who alter the course of the Nile. Iris has a crush on Morpheus, lazy god of dreams, but comes to her senses and moves to the American Southwest. A young girl is taught by animals to carry fire in skulls, discovers her parentage, and becomes the Baba-Yaga. Pele learns to control her fiery temper (and the volca), but t before losing the love of her life. And five more stories.
- Author BiographyAnna Marie Laforest is the author of the story collection Little Comedies about Death, a mystery novel Double Takes, and the memoir Breath by Breath: Growing Up During My Mother's Polio Years. Her widely published poetry is collected in the volume Lunchdate Adagio and Other Poems.
- Author(s)Anna Marie Laforest
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.