CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology celebrates an enduring social figure: the holy (or t so holy) man or woman of God. They are as varied as they are numerous: they may be idle or diligent, rich or poor, adventurous, studious, corrupt, fervent, petulant, domineering, wise, foolish, loveable or detestable, ambitious or humble. The Reformation ushered in a new kind of holy man - the married priest and we see these figures at home as well as in their pulipts or about their parishes. Drawn from a thousand years of literature and letters, this is a unique and thoroughly enjoyable collection.
- Author BiographyRaymond was the author of many widely-used books of prayer and devotion including Leading Intercessions, Hear Our Prayer, and A Pastoral Prayer Book. He was a Vice-Chairman of the Prayer Book Society, Emeritus Professor of English Literature in the University of London, and a greatly loved priest in the diocese of Southwark. He died in 2013.
- Author(s)Raymond Chapman
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.