All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSt. Paul writes the foolishness of God is wiser than men. The poems in William Wenthe's God's Foolishness mine the feelings of human uncertainty in matters of love and desire, time and death, and uncover difficult truths with transformative insights.These are poems of crisis. Wenthe examines our conflicting urges to see nature as sustenance and to foolishly destroy it. His poems shift from close observation to parama with cinematic fluidity, from a tea mug to an ancient monument, from a warbler on an elm branch to the specter of imminent natural disaster.Offering passion and intellect balanced with a careful concern for poetic craft, Wenthe's God's Foolishness gives us fine poems to savor and admire.
- Author BiographyWilliam Wenthe was born and raised in New Jersey, the youngest of a family of nine children. He is the author of Words before Dawn, Not Till We Are Lost, and Birds of Hoboken. He lives in Texas with his wife and daughter and teaches poetry at Texas Tech University.
- Author(s)William Wenthe
- PublisherLSU Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLSU Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.