All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionHistorians and theologians have long recognized that at the heart of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation were five declarations, often referred to as the solas : sola scriptura, solus Christus, sola gratia, sola fide, and soli Deo gloria. These five statements summarize much of what the Reformation was about, and they distinguish Protestantism from other expressions of the Christian faith. Protestants place ultimate and final authority in the Scriptures, ackwledge the work of Christ alone as sufficient for redemption, recognize that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, and seek to do all things for God's glory. In God's Glory Alone-The Majestic Heart of Christian Faith and Life, rewned scholar David VanDrunen looks at the historical and biblical roots of the idea that all glory belongs to God alone. He examines the development of this theme in the Reformation, in subsequent Reformed theology and confessions, and in contemporary theologians who continue to be inspired by the conviction that all glory belongs to God. Then he turns to the biblical story of God's glory, beginning with the pillar of cloud and fire revealed to Israel, continuing through the incarnation, death, and exaltation of the Lord Jesus Christ, and culminating in Christ's Second Coming and the glorification of his people. In light of these wonderful biblical themes he concludes by addressing several of today's great cultural challenges and temptations-such as distraction and narcissism-and reflecting on how commitment to God's glory alone fortifies us to live godly lives in this present evil age.
- Author BiographyDavid VanDrunen (JD, Northwestern University School of Law; PhD Loyola University Chicago) is Robert B. Strimple Professor of Systematic Theology and Christian Ethics at Westminster Seminary California. He is the author of Living in God's Two Kingdoms: A Biblical Vision for Christianity and Culture and Divine Covenants and Moral Order: A Biblical Theology of Natural Law. Matthew Barrett is Tutor of Systematic Theology and Church History at Oak Hill Theological College in London. He is the executive editor of Credo Magazine, as well as the author and editor of several books, including Salvation by Grace, Four Views on the Historical Adam, and Owen on the Christian Life.
- Author(s)David VanDrunen
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleThe Five Solas Series
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Weight181 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Series Edited byMatthew J. Barrett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.