All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionEvery edition of every Bible is illustrated, but some people have never seen the pictures. If you haven't seen the pictures in your Bible you are missing out on a substantial display of the work of The Greatest Artist; but more profoundly, you are t grasping the ermity of the treasure you have in your Bible; r are you comprehending the wide-ranging impact God intends for the Bible to have in your life. In God's Word Is... The Bible's Metaphors For Itself, Faye Hake points out and expounds fifteen of the Bible's effective metaphors for itself. These are God's own picture explanations of what this written gift is meant to do for us. The book powerfully portrays the kindness of God in giving us His Written Word that we might come to kw The Living Word. God's Word Is... encourages us to reap the full benefit of all God intends His Word to be for us by approaching our daily Bible reading with these metaphors in mind. Hake points out the importance of ackwledging the truth in each metaphor. She brings the book to life by providing concrete examples from her own life and the lives of others that help readers see how to read the Bible as though it is a burning fire, how to profit from the ultra-sound-like mirror of our souls, how to run in the path of God's commands, how to soak up the refreshing life giving rains of the word, what to do with the great spoils that are ours, or how to use the infallible, comprehensive, always-current GPS that God has provided to navigate through life. God's Word is ... engenders love for both the Gift and the Giver, especially as it becomes clear that these evocative metaphors are God's pictures t only for his Written Word, but for the Living Word as well. This book is a rich practical resource for growing your own faith or the faith of those you are shepherding. It is potent personal devotional material. It serves well as an adult or high school Sunday school curriculum, as a small group read aloud, or as Christian school or home school Bible curriculum. Its all-ages-integrated style of writing makes it suitable for family worship times.
- Author BiographyFaye Hake is an old woman with no particular qualifications. She has been happily (most days) married for thirty-nine years to a man who does have credible curriculum vitae, but whose faithfulness and Christ-likeness prompt much more respect and gratitude than his credentials. She is a mother of nine children whose ever-emerging credentials impress at least their mother, and whose walks with Christ are by far her deepest joy and undeserved gift from God. She is a grandma of thirteen (and counting) irrefutably remarkable lovable grandchildren. She spent nineteen years serving with her husband as missionaries in Taiwan with a conservative Presbyterian church. She homeschooled all nine of her children up until college and a small assemblage of other people's children too, taught a lot of biology, chemistry, and anatomy to high school students, discipled a fair number of young women, and developed a number of Bible studies which God has fruitfully used to grow people. She is a broken woman whose only hope is in the cross of Christ and she is increasingly (by the day) astounded by the grace of God and His unfathomable love for her and for all His people.
- Author(s)Faye Hake
- PublisherRivendell Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRivendell Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.