Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionMystery, action, romance, suspense and eerie surprises permeate Thompson's newest presentation. His hero, Harry Monmouth, is in trouble - big trouble. He's a nice young man whom one - including Harry - takes very seriously. When his girlfriend, Alexis Bradford, anunces his impending fatherhood, his marriage proposal is met with a lukewarm response, and the baby's future is in doubt. In his effort to win Alex over, he opens a door to the past that threatens to destroy him. He discovers the systematic misery imposed on New Hope's less fortunate citizens, and uncovers larceny of monumental proportions. At the same time, a botched abortion leads to trumped-up murder charges, a mystery that divides his little college town. Indifferent before, his personal circumstances compel him to join the fray, a decision with far-reaching consequences. Gods and Lesser Men is the tale of a man's journey from carefree days to extraordinary burdens. The things that have sustained him - family and place - have become problematic. Painful truths are told. The sins of the father - and the mother - are visited upon the child, and Harry's struggle to overcome them is a story as old as humanity.
- Author BiographyALAN THOMPSON Born in Danville, Kentucky, on January 31, 1949, Mr. Thompson grew up in his beloved Chapel Hill, North Carolina. A 1966 graduate of Chapel Hill High School, he received his B.A. from the University of Kentucky in 1970, and his J.D. from the same institution in 1973. He has practiced law for the past forty years, primarily in Atlanta, Georgia, and now resides in Georgetown, South Carolina. His civil trial work extended to dozens of jurisdictions throughout the United States, Australia and England, and he contributed to several professional journals and treatises dealing with his particular area of expertise, construction law. He began writing seriously in 2008, and his first novel, A Hollow Cup, was published in 2011. He and his wife Barbie have two sons, one a lawyer in Salt Lake City, the other a Navy helicopter pilot currently stationed in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Mr. Thompson plays an occasional round of bad golf, and he and his bride can sometimes be found having a late-afternoon cocktail or glass of wine at the beach.
- Author(s)Alan Thompson
- PublisherW & B Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication17/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW & B Publishers Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.