All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Richard Jefferies Society Writers' Prize 'No one writes more movingly, or with such transporting poetic skill, about encounters with wild creatures. Its pages course with sympathy, humility, and wisdom' Helen Macdonald, author of H is for Hawk From his home deep in a Scottish glen, John Lister-Kaye has watched and come to understand intimately the movements and habits of the animals, and in particular the birds, that inhabit the wild and magnificent Highlands. Drawing on a lifetime of observation, Gods of the Morning is his wise and affectionate celebration of the British countryside and the birds that come and go through the year. It is also a lyrical reminder of the relationship we have lost with the seasons and a call to look afresh at the natural world around us.
- Author BiographySir John Lister-Kaye is one of Britain's best-known naturalists and conservationists. He is the author of nine books on wildlife and the environment, including At the Water's Edge, and has lectured all over the world. He has served prominently in the RSPB, the Nature Conservancy Council, Scottish Natural Heritage and the Scottish Wildlife Trust. In 2003 he was awarded an OBE for services to nature conservation. He lives with his wife and family among the mountains of the Scottish Highlands, where he runs the world-famous Aigas Field Centre. www.lister-kaye.co.uk www.aigas.co.uk
- Author(s)John Lister-Kaye
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.