All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.89Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionGodwired offers an engaging exploration of religious practice in the digital age. It considers how virtual experiences, like stories, games and rituals, are forms of world-building or 'cosmos construction' that serve as a means of making sense of our own world. Such creative and interactive activity is, arguably, patently religious. This book examines: the nature of sacred space technology as a vehicle for sacred texts who we are when we go online how religious ritual works online whether it is possible to gather for worship in online space. Rachel Wagner suggests that whilst our engagement with virtual reality can be viewed as a form of religious activity, today's virtual religion marks a radical departure from traditional religious practice -- it is ephemeral, transient, rapid, disposable, hyper-individualized, hybrid, and in an ongoing state of flux. About the Author Rachel Wagner is an associate professor of religion and culture at Ithaca College, USA.
- Author BiographyRachel Wagner is Associate Professor of Religion at Ithaca College, USA. Her work centers on the study of religion and culture, particularly religion and film and religion and virtual reality.
- Author(s)Rachel Wagner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleMedia, Religion and Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.