All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.30
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would be the content of a Christianity 101 class? In other words, what is elementary Christianity? To avoid pet doctrines and the inevitable differences of opinion, we should see what the Bible itself describes as the elementary doctrines or the foundational principles of the faith. These are enumerated in Hebrews 6:1-2 as: repentance from sin, faith toward God, baptisms (plural), the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. Listening to the amount of heated discussion in the body of Christ on these topics, we soon realize that as a whole, the body of Christ doesn't even have a good handle on the <i>elementary</i> doctrines yet. The Bible says much on these doctrines that is often overlooked by those doing only a casual study. This book looks at the Scriptures pertaining to these six topics in great detail, and then speculates on what it might mean to go beyond these foundational teachings, as Hebrews 6:1 encourages us to do.
- Author BiographyDave Arns was raised in church, but didn't start actually serving the Lord until his sophomore year of high school, in 1972. Being of a rather analytical turn of mind, he was delighted to see that there is a Biblical mandate for all Christians to be analytical: I Thessalonians 5:21 (NIV) says Test everything. Hold on to the good. That, coupled with Paul's exhortation to teach what the Holy Ghost teaches, not depending on man's wisdom (I Corinthians 2:11-14), and the commendation of the Bereans, who searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so (Acts 17:11), pretty much define Dave's life, in the spiritual realm, as well as the natural realm. In the mid-1970s, Dave heard a sermon in which he was exhorted to know what you believe and why you believe it, and he has been trying to put that into practice ever since. He has been known to abandon long-held beliefs when someone showed him that they were incompatible with Scripture; that attitude seems to be necessary if we want to continue to grow in the Lord.
- Author(s)David M Arns
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.