All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, eighteen Chinese women tell how they came to sell sex in Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Los Angeles, and New York. The women's candid stories put a human face on issues of globalized commercial sex and provide a raw, inside view of the money-driven transnational sex industry. The author, an expert in the field of criminal justice, frames their personal accounts with contextual details and incisive commentary to provide a rich understanding of the realities and myths of prostitution and global sex trafficking. While the interviews were gathered as part of an extensive research project for the author's 2012 book, Selling Sex Overseas, the full accounts are published here for the first time. The women describe, in their own words, what motivated them to leave China to work in the sex trade abroad, how much they earn, what hardships they face, and what they hope for in the future.
- Author BiographyKo-lin Chin is a professor at the School of Criminal Justice, Rutgers University, Newark. His books and articles on transnational crime and subcultures have garnered support from the National Science Foundation, the National Institute of Justice, and the Fulbright Program.
- Author(s)Ko-lin Chin
- PublisherSilkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChiang Mai
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintSilkworm Books
- Content Note2 maps
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.