All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the reality of separation, divorce, or widowhood sinks in, encountering life as a single mother can be an overwhelming experience. Share in the stories of other single moms who have faced past hurts, dealt with present fears, and built a future of promise, while they contended with life'''s everyday pressures. Through the pages of this practical book, Michele Howe offers sensitive, compassionate advice for women who are confronting the challenge of being a single mom. Be encouraged; with God'''s help, hope and healing are t only possible, but promised.Topics include: - Helping children cope- Strengthening family identity- Raising a masculine son in a house of females- Caring for children with special needs- Creating balance in every area of life, despite burdensome and exhausting situations- Returning to the workforceBonus feature: Funstarts 201 Ideas for Enriching Family FunCreate special family times by trying some of these free and low-cost creative activity ideas. Great for all ages!
- Author BiographyMichele Howe is a reviewer for Publishers Weekly, FaithfulReader.com, Aspiring Retail, Foreword Magazine, TeenReads.com, KidsRead.com, among many others national and international publications. She has published over 1000 reviews/articles and has been featured on numerous radio shows across the country speaking on topics such as parenting and a diverse range of women's health issues. Her work has been published in MORE, FIRST for Women, Good Housekeeping, Christianity Today, Discipleship Journal, Midwest Living, Parentlife, Fullfill, Christian Single, Single Parent Family, Focus on the Family, and Connections. She also does copywriting and manuscript reviewing for several publishing houses including New Growth Press.Michele is the author of ten books for women. Her book, Going It Alone: Meeting the Challenges of Being a Single Mom (Hendrickson Publishers), provided hope and practical helps for single moms new to parenting solo. She has also authored Pilgrim Prayers for Single Mothers (Pilgrim Press) and a third book of helps for single mothers titled, Successful Single Moms (Pilgrim Press.) In addition to these resources for single mothers, Michele wrote four separate titles combining real life stories with inspirational prayer retreats. These titles published by (Jossey-Bass) include: Prayers for Homeschooling Moms, Prayers to Nourish a Woman's Heart, Prayers of Comfort and Strength and Prayers for New and Expecting Moms. Her newest books include a follow-up resource to Going it Alone titled, Still Going It Alone: Mothering with Faith and Finesse Once the Children Have Grown (Hendrickson Publishers) and Burdens Do a Body Good: Meeting Life's Challenges with Strength and Soul co-authored with orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Christopher A. Foetisch (Hendrickson Publishers).In addition to her article and books writing, Michele writes a weekly women's lifestyle and single parenting column at www.bizymoms.com. Read Michele's column at: http: //www.bizymoms.com/experts/michele-howe/index.html In line with her passion for working with single parents, Michele's resources offer encouragement to women of all ages by challenging them to exercise their combination of strengths, skills, and life wisdom in pursuit of a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle. Recognizing that life is often difficult, women can learn how to recognize (and find solace in) significant life-markers and by so doing, acquire the strength to embrace their daily challenges.
- Author(s)Michele Howe
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight239 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.