All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA gymnastics vel to flip for! Joey Jordan loves gymnastics: the thrill of performing a backflip on the beam, the cheers of the audience when she sticks a landing. But even with all her talent and style, she's never quite made it to that gold medal stand. Now big changes shake up Joey's life in and out of the gym. Joey wants to break out some daring new beam and floor routines--but she'll have to defy her strict coach to do it. Her best friend, Alex, is thinking about quitting gymnastics for good. And an old friend named Tanner just moved back to town, and he's suddenly gotten very, very cute. Can Joey handle all the challenges coming her way, and make her gold medal summer happen at last? Drawing on her real-life experience as a competitive gymnast, acclaimed velist Donna Freitas delivers both a terrific gymnastics story and a classic vel about stretching some limits, bending the rules, and finding your balance.
- Author BiographyDonna Freitas participated in competitive gymnastics for seven years, retiring due to injury at the age of fifteen. She is now the author of seven books, including the young-adult novels THIS GORGEOUS GAME and THE POSSIBILITIES OF SAINTHOOD, which received five starred reviews. She lives in Brooklyn, New York. Please visit her website at http: //www.donnafreitas.com.
- Author(s)Nonresident Research Associate Donna Freitas
- PublisherScholastic US
- Date of Publication25/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Weight159 g
- Width132 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.63
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $12.02Trending at AU $17.22
- AU $16.71Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $11.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.