All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the hundreds captivated by the vision of quick riches in the gold fields of California was Elisha Douglass Perkins, a tall handsome youth from Marietta, Ohio, who has here left a remarkable first-hand account of the great trek westward in 1849. Perkins' diary is an unusually full and intimate record of crossing the plains and mountains of the Great West. Extensive tes supplement the text, associating it with numerous other published and unpublished accounts, while an appendix of reports and letters from the Marietta newspaper reveals the involvement of those at home with the Gold Rush. An antated map shows Perkins' progress along the Overland Trail.
- Author BiographyThomas D. Clark is widely known for his many books on the South and the frontier. He is Distinguished Professor in the department of history at the University of Kentucky.
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byThomas D. Clark
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.