All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume collects four of the most important keyboard masterpieces by Johann Sebastian Bach the Goldberg Variations, Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue, Fantasia Contrappuntistica, and Concerto for Pia and Orchestra in D Mir in arrangements by celebrated pianist and composer Ferruccio Busoni for his 1919 Breitkopf & Hartel edition. Additional features include Busoni's original system of keyboard tation, demonstrated vis-a-vis the Chromatic Fantasy.An important composer in his own right, Busoni ranks among history's most celebrated pianists. His controversial 25-volume edition of transcriptions of Bach's keyboard music includes side-by-side discussions of Bach's music with arrangements by Busoni and his pupil, Egon Petri. Adapted for the modern resources of the grand pia, the transcriptions include plentiful doublings of voices for higher and lower ranges of the keyboard that did t exist on Bach's clavier, in addition to analytical re-shapings of the music itself. This volume marks a significant collection of rarities that merit greater attention among performers and listeners.
- Author BiographyFerruccio Busoni (1866 1924) was one of history's most celebrated pianists and a composer of note. A controversial transciber of J. S. Bach's keyboard works, he prepared a 25-volume edition of Bach's music with side-by-side commentaries and pianoarrangements of his own and those of his pupil, Egon Petri.
- Author(s)Ferruccio Busoni
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight658 g
- Width226 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.