All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Granta's Best of Young British Novelists. Spring, 1971, East Pakistan. Rehana Haque is throwing a party for her beloved children, Sohail and Maya. Her young family is growing up fast, and Rehana wants to remember this day forever. But out on the hot city streets, something violent is brewing. As the civil war develops, a war which will eventually see the birth of Bangladesh, Rehana struggles to keep her children safe and finds herself facing a heartbreaking dilemma.
- Author BiographyTahmima Anam was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh. She was selected as a Granta Best of Young British Novelist 2013. Her first novel, A Golden Age, was shortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award and the Costa First Novel Award in 2007, and was the winner of the 2008 Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best First Book. Her second novel, The Good Muslim, was shortlisted for the 2013 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature and was also longlisted for the Man Asian Literary Prize 2011. She lives in London.
- PrizesWinner of Commonwealth Writers' Prize Best First Book 2008.
- Author(s)Tahmima Anam
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight221 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.