All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo one did political corruption quite like Rod Blagojevich. The 40th goverr of Illiis made international headlines in 2008 when he was roused from his bed and arrested by the FBI at his Chicago home. He was accused of running the state government as a criminal racket and, most shockingly, caught on tape trying to barter away President-elect Barack Obama's US Senate seat. Most politicians would hunker down, stay quiet, and fight the federal case against them. But as he had done for years, Rod Blagojevich proved he was ordinary politician. Instead, he fuelled the headlines, proclaiming his incence on seemingly every national talk show and street corner he could find. Revealing evidence from the investigation never before made public, this is the most complete telling yet of the Blagojevich story, written by two Chicago reporters who covered every step of his rise and fall and spent years sifting through evidence, compiling documents, and conducting more than a hundred interviews with those who have kwn Blagojevich from his childhood to his time in the goverr's office. Dispensing with sensationalism to present the facts about one of the nation's most torious politicians, the authors detail the mechanics of the corruption that brought the goverr down and profile a fascinating and frustrating character who embodies much of what is wrong with modern politics. With Blagojevich w serving 14 years in prison, the time has come for the last word on who Blagojevich was, how he was elected, how he got himself into trouble, and how the feds took him down.
- Author BiographyJeff Coen is a reporter for the Chicago Tribune, covering federal trials and investigations from the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse in downtown Chicago. He was present in the courtroom throughout the Family Secrets trial, and his pieces on the case were featured in a popular series in the Chicago Tribune. He lives in Oak Park, Illinois.
- Author(s)Jeff Coen,John Chase
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Weight682 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.