All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWe were once again going on a cross-country tour. In November 2013, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Ali Eskandarian was murdered alongside two members of the Iranian band, The Yellow Dogs. In the months leading up to this terrible event, Ali had been in correspondence with a friend and Dutch publisher, Oscar van Gelderen, about his semi-autobiographical vel. Golden Years is that book. Set in the first decade of the 21st century in New York, Teheran and Dallas, Golden Years is a vel perfumed with excess and spirited decadence. It tells the story of a group of Iranian musicians in their twenties and our narrator, in his 30s, who is in thrall to the great American beats and has visions of Ancient Assyrian Futurism. Hungry and poor, high and hopping from bed to bed, and lover to lover, the characters in Golden Years are romantic exiles living with rock n roll as their religion.
- Author BiographyAli Eskandarian was a singer, songwriter, and novelist. He was born in 1978 and died in 2013.
- Author(s)Ali Eskandarian
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight287 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.