All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe best of GOLF humor from America's funniest sporting cartoonist. Cartoonist, Robert Tiritilli understands the ins and outs of the golf world. This former Italian Mafia hit man has teamed with Charles Hellman, a bookie and ex-caddie, to find more ways to blend these one-panel cartoons with clever captions. They bring out the FUNNY in sports. The wit and satire of these cartoons and their absurdities come to life from Tiritilli's pen. His outrageous graphics poke fun at players, equipment and golf terms with equal gusto. Tiritilli has freelanced and lampooned for more years than he cares to admit...
- Author BiographyRobert A. Tiritilli created his outlandish style and talent of sports cartooning by employing representative portraiture, and cartoonish lightheartedness. Incorporating the pen and ink technique, he is able to suggest shading with well-placed, expressive line work. Clearly by only focusing on central players, Tiritilli is able to complete a drawing in faster fashion, but his absence of background imagery also allows for cleaner, easier to distinguish, artwork. This former Italian Mafia hit man has drawn over 5000 sports cartoons and recently teamed with-Charles Hellman, an avid sports fan and computer hacker, to find more ways to blend outrageous cartoons with clever captions. They bring out the Funny in sports in their Sports Humor books now available on Amazon. The wit of these cartoons and its absurdity come to life from Tiritilli's pen. His comical graphics poke fun at players and fans with equal gusto. Tiritilli has freelanced and lampooned for more years than he cares to admit. After sailing around the world four times on his tiny 10-ft raft; he now spends his retirement years drawing LuckySports cartoons and spraying graffiti on stadium bathroom walls when no one is looking. Once his drawing is complete, Hellman performs his magic. Working with Tiritilli, they come up with just the right caption to go under the cartoon. Hellman brings the artwork to life using Photoshop to enhance the drawings and In-Design to lay-out the cartoons to complete the final image for a book. Tiritilli-a true sports aficionado-is passionate about all sports and loves to make fun of the sport and all those who play it. Tiritilli represents a unique form of cartooning that is based on interpreting real life. He draws caricature/realism-type cartoons along with the wacky/abstract ones that are on the other end of that spectrum. He keenly observes what things really look like, and then changes their proportions to create a funny version of life and runs wild with his imagination. His sporting figures have anatomy. His sports scenes are simple and follow the rules of perspective. He has a radically creative approach. His drawings are made by design and invention and don't represent what things actually look like. The team of Tiritilli and Hellman's sense of silliness strikes the chord with anyone who plays or enjoys sports, whether they are athletic or couch potatoes.
- Author(s)Charles S Hellman
- PublisherLucky Sports
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLucky Sports
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robert A Tiritilli
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.