All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionMany years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled to be for 'Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden'.. .and thus, the word GOLF entered into the English language. That is what I am told but I'm t able to verify it. This collection of golfing jokes and cartoons has been compiled from those sent to me by friends from around the world and my sole function has been to edit them. Many of the jokes have been around for decades and tend to reappear in one or ather revamped form on the internet and in magazines and newspapers from time to time. Wherever a joke is kwn to have been told by a particular person the joke is attributed to that person but in most instances this is t the case. All but three of the illustrations found in the Plain Family Fun are by Kitti Meeboonnum and Wirat Sukcharoen. Golfing Stories was compiled with a view to providing readers with a modicum of amusement during those sometimes t so quiet moments in the toilet, wc, loo, lav, lavatory, gents, ladies or thunderbox as it was sometimes called in the good old days and where it is just t possible to wield a putter. I trust that you will take it with you to one of the few places where it is t commonplace to be able to take your computer (even if it is a laptop), and wish you many hours of amusement in that most private of places.To those of you purchasing this collection I I wish you an hour or three of great amusement.
- Author BiographyChris Bruce was born in England and educated in South Africa. After a long career in the construction industry in South Africa, Namibia, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Oman and the United Arab Emirates and a spell setting up and operating a fresh and processed sausage factory in Bangkok, Chris finally retired to Hua Hin in Thailand. Not being Thai, unable to speak the language, no longer a part of the construction EXPAT NETWORK, it was not long before he became somewhat bored with life. One way to alleviate the boredom was to write. Chris decided to use his knowledge of the sausage industry to write a book of sausage making methods and recipes. This was followed by a book of liqueur making methods and recipes. Chris realizing that people do not have much time to read a little humor encouraged friends from around the world to send him jokes and anecdotes by email. This led to eight humorous books with jokes and anecdotes under the banner of the TAKE ME TO THE TOILET series. These were followed by Sausage: 91 Ideas for Making a Meal of It and Meat Loaves and Hamburger Patties. His latest book, Autobiography of an Unknown Man, is the story of his life from his birth in war torn England, his emigration to Namibia and his childhood there, school and university in South Africa, his successes and failures in the construction industry including building throughout the South African/Angolan Border War, his broken marriages and his moves to the Far East and Middle East before retiring. All Chris' books are available in print and eBook formats on all major internet bookstores.
- Author(s)C J Bruce
- PublisherC.J. Bruce
- Date of Publication02/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintC.J. Bruce
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wirat Sukcharoen,Kitti Meeboonnum
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.