All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTomorrow is ather day ...Set against the dramatic backdrop of the American Civil War, Margaret Mitchell's magnificent historical epic is an unforgettable tale of love and loss, of a nation mortally divided and a people forever changed. Above all, it is the story of beautiful, ruthless Scarlett O'Hara and the dashing soldier of fortune, Rhett Butler. Since its first publication in 1936, Gone With The Wind has endured as a story for all our times. This beautiful edition of the classic love story features a special introduction by Philippa Gregory, author of The White Queen and The Other Boleyn Girl.
- Author BiographyMargaret Mitchell was born in Atlanta, Georgia, the daughter of an attorney who was president of the Atlanta Historical Society. She married in 1925, and spent the following ten years putting down on paper the stories she had heard about the Civil War. The result was Gone With The Wind, first published in 1936. It won the Pulitzer prize, sold over ten million copies, was translated into eighteen languages and was later made into one of the best-loved films of all time starring Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable. This book, a record bestseller, was her only published work. She died in 1949.
- Author(s)Margaret Mitchell
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1274 g
- Width159 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.