All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.62
- AU $27.33Trending at AU $30.53
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.13
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $33.75Trending at AU $34.32
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $14.31
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $32.63
About this product
- DescriptionPublished as the companion volume to the BBC Television show of the same name, The Good Cook is a collection of 100 of legendary chef Simon Hopkinson's favorite recipes, drawn from his childhood, his restaurant career, and his most memorable meals. A good cook, for Simon, is someone who cares as much about eating as cooking. A good recipe becomes a great dish when the cook has thought about the ingredients and treated them well. These ingredients do t have to be expensive. Simon's genius lies in his belief that a cheap cut of meat, for example, cooked with care can often taste nicer than a choice one prepared by indifferent hand. Structured around Simon's love of good ingredients and written with his trademark perfectionism and precision, this book is for anyone who loves to cook and wants to learn from one of the best.
- Author BiographyBest known for opening the legendary Bibendum restaurant in London in 1987 with Sir Terence Conran, Simon Hopkinson is the author of Roast Chicken and Other Stories. Regarded as one of the finest chefs and food writers in the U.K., Hopkinson has been awarded the Andre Simon Award and the Glenfiddich Award on three occasions.
- Author(s)Simon Hopkinson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight60 g
- Width194 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.