All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMothers give birth. Good mothers give unconditional love. This is the story of a daughter and two mothers: Margaret, Klainer's 1950s Irish Catholic mother, and Minga, an impoverished Panamanian woman. Both were mothers. Both loom large in the author's identity. Only one gave Klainer the kind of open, unreserved love she most longed for.
This is a mother-daughter story moving from the pastel shirtwaist dresses of the 1950's to Klainer's crisp blue business suit of the 1980's, from the early and sudden death of her father to the warm embrace of Minga and her extended family, from rosary beads that glowed in the dark to an interfaith marriage and secular family, from love withheld to love simply offered and accepted.
- Author(s)Pamela Y Klainer
- PublisherPamela York Klainer
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPamela York Klainer
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.