All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow should you prepare a rabbit casserole? What time of year is best for oysters? And how do you bake the perfect chocolate souffe? Ambrose Heath was one of the most successful food and drink writers of his day. This classic cookery book features a chapter for every month of the year with a host of savoury and sweet seasonal recipes - from baked haddock in January to chestnut cake in December. It's a celebration of a return to dining and entertaining, of the joys of fresh produce, and of exciting culinary influences from other cultures. First published by Faber & Faber in 1932, it features the original cover and illustrations by Edward Bawden. I'm a long-time fan. (Sophie Dahl). I loved them. They are such a pleasure to read - brilliant recipes disguised as beautiful prose - if only all cookbooks were written like this...Enchanting illustrations, too. (Russell Norman). Ambrose Heath (1891-1969) was born in London. His journalism appeared in the Times and the Guardian, and he made regular radio appearances on the BBC's The Kitchen Front. His books include Good Food, Good Drinks and a translation of Madame Prunier's Fish Cookery Book. Edward Bawden (1903-1989) studied at Cambridge Art School and the Royal College of Art. He worked on licuts, landscape paintings, murals, book illustrations and commercial graphics.
- Author BiographyAmbrose Heath was born in London in 1891 and was one of the most successful food and drink writers of his day. His journalism appeared in the Times and the Guardian, and he wrote more than one hundred books. These include Good Food, Good Drinks and a translation of Madame Prunier's Fish Cookery Book. He died in 1969.
- Author(s)Ambrose Heath
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight355 g
- Width134 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Illustrator(s)Edward Bawden
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.49
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.51
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.72
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $26.95
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.00
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.71
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $31.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.