Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionGood Friends Bring Salad is a raw and comical account of one woman's journey from obesity to self-fulfillment. Anita Campbell's life changed dramatically in her teen years when she found herself the target for teenage cruelty about her weight. Good Friends Bring Salad is the diary of that teenager ten years on. The name-calling has t been forgotten, and the weight has continued to stack on. Anita has however decided that eugh is eugh. Sick of counting every last gram that goes into her mouth, and lining up for weigh-ins only to find that she has gained, she decides she will lose weight her way and on her terms. During the journey she encounters many temptations and realises that a lot of her bad eating habits stem from her emotions. She digs deeper and finds that she, among many others, has an eating disorder. The next step involves the realistic setting of goals and the coming to terms with the reality of food addiction. That is, that hot chips and chocolate biscuits are bad for you! The book also includes facts and figures relating to weight loss and the health problems associated with obesity. Comparisons are made between foods and some of the more common marketing scams are exposed. Anita's diary is witty and entertaining, full of useful and achievable tips for the food-addicted, and is written in a manner that can be enjoyed by all, even men! Anita Campbell was born in Auckland New Zealand and w lives in Perth with her husband and two young children, where she is completing a Bachelor of Nursing degree. She had a great time writing Good Friends Bring Salad and hopes that it can help others lose weight too.
- Author(s)Anita Campbell
- PublisherWakefield Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationKent Town
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWakefield Press
- Content Note8 pages colour photographs
- Weight190 g
- Width110 mm
- Height180 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.