All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.61
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe road to hell is paved with good intentions. This sentiment expressed by John Ray inspires this collection of stories involving the lives of people caught up in the criminal justice machinery. Kylle, just out of prison, dealing drugs and burglarizing St. Simons Island homes with his partner, Chandler, while he obsesses over his girlfriend -- a love triangle with catastrophic repercussions. A man child is wrenched from his family and home after his mother's dirty drug screen and return to jail. A simple God fearing man, married to the wrong woman, seeks to retrieve her from the home of her lover, and faces the fight of his faith. A man realizes that thing is free, t even a dog found at the garbage dump or the comforts of a live-in girlfriend. A woman is at the wrong place at the wrong time resulting in her drug arrest and the loss of her autistic son to social services. A famous former rock star is unable to survive unaccompanied. An injured naval officer on the flight deck when the president declared Mission Accomplished, breaks his code of squared away, strict conformity. Public defenders tell stories round a bonfire as the youngest tries to find some focus and direction in his early legal career. A scared teenage boy suspected of an armed robbery and shooting waits in an interrogation room for his father, a FBI agent, expecting him to conceal his guilt and work his release. And, a man who uses a lawnmower to get to and from work after losing his driver's license for drunk driving, is caught up in a movement making him a folk hero. These gritty stories don't flinch from the cruelties and callousness of man and his institutions. The darkness extinguishes the light in these people's worlds where, despite misguided intentions, all roads lead to hell.
- Author BiographyJeff Lacy was born and raised in Georgia. For many years he worked as a public defender and a prosecutor in the Atlanta area and on the Georgia coast. He received a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Nebraska. His stories have appeared in Storyglossia, Review Americana - A Literary Journal, Conte, The Wrong Tree Review, Writer's Bloc (Rutgers), Darkest Before the Dawn, Sex and Murder Magazine, Mary Magazine, SNReview, Unheard Magazine, and Fiction Collective. He is presently an adjunct professor in the English Department at Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland.
- Author(s)Jeff Lacy
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.