All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGood Medical Practice: Professionalism, Ethics and Law brings together information that is central to the professional, ethical and legal requirements of being a doctor. It covers a core curriculum for medical students, doctors in training and international medical graduates preparing for the Australian Medical Council examinations. A useful guide for busy doctors, giving sound advice for issues that arise in practice, ensuring that all approaches meet professional standards. Effective and compassionate practice depends equally upon good communication skills, an empathetic attitude, truthfulness, self-reflection and an awareness of the responsibilities arising under relevant laws. Good Medical Practice encapsulates these attributes and includes practice management, inter-professional relationships, sexual misconduct, complaints processes, the Australian health care system and doctors' health within its broad and comprehensive purview. Written by specialist practitioners with vast teaching experience, this is a unique, timely and accessible text that reinforces a contemporary focus on professionalism in medical practice.
- Author BiographyDr Kerry J. Breen AM, MMBS, MD (Melb.), FRACP is a consultant physician and gastroenterologist. He is currently a part time member of the Federal Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Commissioner of Complaints of the National Health and Medical Research Council. Professor Stephen M. Cordner AM, MA (Lond.), MBBS, B Med Sc, Dip Crim, DMJ, FRCPath, FRCPAis Professor of Forensic Medicine at Monash University. He is Professor of Forensic Medicine at Monash University and Director of the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine (VIFM). Colin J. H. Thomson LLB, BA, Master of Laws is Professor of Law in the Faculty of Law at the University of Wollongong. He is currently Chairman of the Australian Health Ethics Committee of the National Health and Medical Research Council. Vernon D. Plueckhahn AM, OBE, MD (Adel.), Hon MD (Monash), FRACP, FRCPath, FRCPA, FAMA, FCAP, FAACB, MIAC is Consultant Forensic Pathologist and Honorary Associate Professor of Forensic Medicine at Monash University.
- Author(s)Colin J. H. Thomson,Kerry J. Breen,Stephen M. Cordner,Vernon D. Plueckhahn
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/02/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight730 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.