All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description<b>America's beloved author, humorist, and storyteller offers a selection of meaningful and enjoyable poems</b> Every day people tune in to <i>The Writer's Almanac</i> on public radio and hear Garrison Keillor read them a poem. And here, for the first time, is an anthology of poems from the show, chosen by Keillor for their wit, their frankness, their passion, their utter clarity in the face of everything else a person has to deal with at 7 a.m. <i>Good Poems</i> includes verse about lovers, children, failure, everyday life, death, and transcendance. It features the work of classic poets, such as Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, and Robert Frost, as well as the work of contemporary greats such as Howard Nemerov, Charles Bukowski, Donald Hall, Billy Collins, Robert Bly, and Sharon Olds. It's a book of poems for anybody who loves poetry whether they kw it or t.
- Author BiographyGarrison Keillor, author of nearly a dozen books, is founder and host of the acclaimed radio show <b>A Prairie Home Companion</b> and the daily program <b>The Writer's Almanac</b>. He is also a regular contributor to <b>Time</b> magazine.
- Author(s)Garrison Keillor
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication03/02/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight476 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.