All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.43
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
About this product
- DescriptionGOOD THINGS I WISH YOU by Manette Ansay portrays two extraordinary women, and two love stories separated by centuries - an ingenious fusion of fiction and fact, inspired by the story of Clara Schumann. Forty-two and newly divorced, Jeanette Hochmann is trying to reassemble her life with her young daughter. Lately, the world seems bereft of the passion that's always inspired and sustained her, first as a child prodigy at the pia, later as a velist. Now, she's struggling to write a vel based on the relationship between nineteenth-century German pianist Clara Schumann and her husband's handsome young protege, the composer Johannes Brahms. Was theirs just a close friendship, or was it something more? As Jeanette delves deeper into Clara's story, she uncovers uncanny parallels with her own life. And just when she's least expecting it, she embarks on a love affair of her own.
- Author BiographyManette Ansay is the New York Times bestselling author of four novels: MIDNIGHT CHAMPAGNE, a National Book Critics Circle Award winner, RIVER ANGEL, SISTER and VINEGAR HILL, an Oprah Winfrey Bookclub Selection, a short-story collection, READ THIS AND TELL ME WHAT IT SAYS, and a memoir, LIMBO, of her battle with illness to begin her writing career.
- Author(s)Manette Ansay
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Review
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight192 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.