All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Cabinet Minister and others suffer food poisoning and foul play may be at work. A rapist killer escaped from prison. A baby lost at childbirth and the mother in danger - whilst her husband makes a very pointed threat to the Doctor involved. Were the threats idle? Meanwhile, there is rape, violence, gangs of thieves and a variety of petty misdemeaurs to be dealt with. Who better to cope with all of this than George Gideon of Scotland Yard, whose courage, integrity, dependability and old fashioned common sense is all undoubted, but he has troubles of his own ...
- Author BiographyMaster crime fiction writer John Creasey?s near 600 titles have sold more than 80 million copies in over 25 languages under both his own name and ten other pseudonyms. His style varied with each identity and led to him being regarded as a literary phenomena. Amongst the many series written were 'Gideon of Scotland Yard', 'The Toff', 'The Baron', 'Dr. Palfrey' and 'Inspector West', as JJ Marric, Michael Halliday, Patrick Dawlish and others. During his lifetime Creasey enjoyed an ever increasing reputation both in the UK and overseas, especially the USA. This was further enhanced by constant revision of his works in order to assure the best possible be presented to his readers and also by many awards, not least of which was being honoured twice by the Mystery Writer?s of America, latterly as Grand Master. He also found time to found the Crime Writers Association and become heavily involved in British politics - standing for Parliament and founding a movement based on finding the best professionals in each sphere to run things. 'He leads a field in which Agatha Christie is also a runner.' - Sunday Times.
- Author(s)John Creasey
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication11/01/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleGideon of Scotland Yard
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1976
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight220 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.59Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.