All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $20.49Trending at AU $26.08
About this product
- DescriptionCome away, come away! ...second to the right, and straight on 'til morning. PETER PAN Bobby Alexander didn't fly into Bootsie Freeman's bedroom with a handful of fairy-dust to take her away. He came by way of a rickety ladder to whisk her off, to go yondering, and to fulfill secret fantasies and nearly-forgotten dreams. They leave behind their boring, colorless lives, and the banes of their existence -- two irate, tyrannical daughters-in-law, who frantically scream for their return. Each hires a private detective to bring the run-aways home. One daughter-in-law declares Bootsie a gold-digger and a tart. The other declares the couple a geriatric Peter Pan and an over-the-hill Wendy. GOODBYE, PETER PAN is a blend of humor and tenderness. Though the characters are very contemporary, there are moments reminiscent of Glenn Miller, bobby-sox and soda-pop rickeys...and moments of champagne with a twist. . .of bittersweet.
- Author BiographyJo Anne Berry Horn was an oil field brat for the first six years of her life. Early memories of traveling at night, following the rigs, and waking up at a new location the next morning, were all part of this However, when she and her brother started to school, their father opted for pumping oil leases in order to allow them to stay settled most of the time. Jo Anne attended high schools at Hamlin and Anson, Texas, graduating from Anson High School at sixteen. After graduation, she attended Draughon's Business College at Abilene, and at the age of forty enrolled at UTSA in San Antonio with her husband. After leaving San Antonio to live at Lake Brownwood, Jo Anne became an EMT and worked with the lake's ambulance service for the next twelve years. In between ambulance duties, caregiving for her husband, Jo Anne continued with her writing in the form of novels and screenplays. She has won several awards and has a book of short stories published. Other than the love of writing, she states that it serves to keep her out of trouble.
- Author(s)Jo Anne Horn
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date22/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.