All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $14.14
About this product
- DescriptionSet in a paradisiacal Caribbean island, an unhappy construction worker with limited prospects, Jeremy Barnes, accidentally finds an ancient clay object at a work site. Soon after, life takes a turn for the better for him and his family. Years later, his son Michael decides to devote his life to the New Church by becoming one of its Helpers. Michael quickly discovers however that people are t so good after all. He doesn't kw that the mischievous clay artefact has something to do with it and that his father, two decades earlier, had made a pact with the clay imp -- the devil himself. Michael is tested as Helper and has to decide whether he will fall prey to evil or champion the cause of good. His decision in the end involves absurdism and existentialism as philosophical schools of thought underlying the vel -- a trip into corruption, deceit, adultery, paedophilia and evil at its most subtle, as well as absolute incence.
- Author BiographyZan McDowell was educated at the UWI and the University of Cambridge. She worked as a university academic for several years. Semi-retired, she spends her free time painting and writing novels, mainly set in the Caribbean where she resides with her family. She has a number of fiction and non-fiction publications to her credit.
- Author(s)Zan McDowell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.